Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pay It Forward!

A few weeks ago, my friend, fellow blogger, and talented photographer Elizabeth posted a Pay it Forward chain on her blog. She pledged to send a treat to the first three commenters on the post, in exchange for their promises to do the same on their blogs.

It was my lucky day - I was the third commenter! And on Labour Day, Miss Elizabeth arrived at my apartment for an afternoon brunch bearing this lovely tin:


Isn't it pretty? Let's have another look:


In the busy-ness of hosting brunch I didn't open the tin until much later that day, and nestled inside I found rows of neatly-wrapped homemade caramels. Little did Elizabeth know that caramels are my absolute favourites, and these beautiful sweet treats barely lasted two weeks sitting on my coffee table.


I'm so grateful to Elizabeth for these treats (and I'm hoping she'll be kind enough to pass on the recipe, as I'd love to include them with my Christmas cookies this year!). Now it's time for me to pay it forward. The official rules of the exchange are:

I agree to send something fun, cute, and nice to the first 3 blog owners who post a comment on this entry. In turn, those three will post this information and pick 3 people they want to send something to and so on. Unfortunately, due to postage costs, I can only pay it forward within the United States. If you are interested in participating, be one of the first 3 blog owners to leave a comment!

You have to promise that you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, and then send something to the first three people who comment on your blog so that this continues. When the first three have commented I will email you a request for your shipping address and I will send out something that I hope will make you smile!

The only thing I like more than receiving something fun, cute, and nice is giving something fun, cute, and nice - so comment away!

6 comments:

Tyler said...

I made some treats this weekend I'd be glad to pass along!

hicks-wright.net

Brianna said...

man, if nothing else this should give me something to write about finally. though i feel a little bad claiming a gillian treat since i already get to enjoy so many.

kajal said...

I like those pictures. And this weekend my sister gave me a caramel...we put it in our mouths at the same time...a few seconds later, she said -- "you're done?". She still was sucking on hers. I guess I am good at eating them.

montague said...

these look amazingly fantastic :)

Gillian said...

Congrats Tyler, Brianna and Kajal! Since I'm now tapering for the marathon and don't have to do a long run this weekend, I expect to get your treats wrapped up then. I'll email you for your addresses!

Elizabeth said...

So glad you liked the caramels G! I'm emailing you the recipe right now...